BUTCHERY COMPETITIONS – DATES & DETAILS:
Below is a listing of events that can be entered by butchers, some are regional and some are open to all. They are ones I am currently aware of at the time of publishing, however, if you know an event has changed, been stopped or you wish to feature here please let me know .
- 2nd – Great Hampshire Sausage and Pie Competition – Entries open, Hampshire Butchers only
- 2nd – NFMFT Premier Young Butcher Competition (Guidelines) Closing Date Entry Form
- 7th – Q Guild Butchers – Annual Smithfield Awards read more.
- 14th/15th – Great Hampshire Sausage and Pie Competition judging – open to Hampshire Butchers only
- 16th – British Pie Awards – closing date – details
- 22nd – Institute of Meat & WCB Prize Giving Awards – for young apprentice butchers and individual achievements within butchery. Contact IoM for more info
- 5th – Meat Management Awards – Closing Date
- 7th – British Pie Awards Judging – Melton Mowbray read more
- 20th-22nd – World Butchers Challenge, Belfast, to be held at MeatIfex
- 13th – Q Guild Members BBQ Product Evaluation
- Meat Trades Journal – Super Meat and Fish Awards
- 24th – Meat Management Awards, Hilton Birmingham
- 8th – World Steak Challenge – Closing Date
- ? World Steak Challenge Judging
- Q Guild (members only) Smithfield Awards – product evaluations
- The Great Yorkshire Pork Pie, Sausages & Products Competition
- worth noting – this event has categories open to all UK butchers – not just Yorks.
- Meat Trades Journal ‘Sausage’ Champion of Champions 2017 entry form – open to any butcher who has won a recognised Sausage award during the previous 12 months.
- Meat Trades Journal – Butchers Shop of the Year read more about this year’s event
- English Winter Fair, Staffordshire, Sunday 20th November download an entry form
- British Sausage Week Finals read more
- South West Sausage Championship held at the South West Winter Fair. To be held on Monday 5th December 2016 – Presentation Dinner on Thursday 8th December at Somerset County Cricket Club read more
FOOD CAMPAIGN WEEKS
- March: MTJ National Butchers Week (13-19) read more
- Sept-Oct: British Food Fortnight read more
- Oct-Nov: British Sausage Week read more
For more general events or awareness days/events check here